Re: DINOSAUR digest 544

>Not only that, there was that gobblety-gook about "global
>distinction of the dinosaurs"!  What in heck is *that* supposed
>to mean?
>
>The only thing I can guess is that the reporter didn't understand
>the word "extinction" and substituted a similar word he did know.

I don't have the original posting so I can't check the full context, but
might I suggest that what was meant was "global distribution of the
dinosaurs?" I could imagine a reporter making shorthand notes at a press
conference and writing "dis" for distribution and not being able to remember
what it means later.

As you can tell, I have a low opinion of reporters (sorry Kelly: some
reporters).

James Shields