Re: NEW CROCODILE FOUND

At 4:17 AM 8/25/95, Paul Willis wrote:
>Actually it was Clark, J. M., Jacobs, L. L. and Downs, W. R., 1989 Science
>244:1064 - 1066. We croc people prefer to refer to them as "aberent-tooth
>crocs" while mammals are seen as convergent upon "aberent-toothed crocs"
>and can largely be dismissed as unprocessed crocodile poo.

        Correct.  However, Elizabeth did her Master's thesis describing the
animal a couple years ago, a revised version of which is to be published in
the future in the _JVP_.  8-)

Jerry D. Harris
Shuler Museum of Paleontology
Southern Methodist University
Box 750395
Dallas  TX  75275-0395
(214) 768-2750
FAX:  (214) 768-2701
jdharris@lust.isem.smu.edu
        (Compuserve:  73132,3372)

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and
quacks like a duck, then it is the sister taxon to,
but cannot parsimoniously be, the direct ancestor
to all other ducks."

                                --  _not_ W. Hennig