Re: NEW CROCODILE FOUND

At 7:17 AM 8/24/95, JohnE37179@aol.com wrote:
>Steve: was there any additional informtation about the site? Paticularly any
>indication of the paleoclimatologic conditions?

        From what I've heard (and I haven't yet seen the article), this new
_Chimerasuchus_ is another of those really weird "mammal-toothed" crocs
like the _Malawisuchus_ reported from (surprise!) Malawi by E. Gomani and
L. Jacobs a couple years back.

Jerry D. Harris
Shuler Museum of Paleontology
Southern Methodist University
Box 750395
Dallas  TX  75275-0395
(214) 768-2750
FAX:  (214) 768-2701
jdharris@lust.isem.smu.edu
        (Compuserve:  73132,3372)

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and
quacks like a duck, then it is the sister taxon to,
but cannot parsimoniously be, the direct ancestor
to all other ducks."

                                --  _not_ W. Hennig