Re: Removing segnosaurs from ...

In a message dated 95-08-30 19:44:50 EDT, jdharris@lust.isem.smu.edu (Jerry
D. Harris) writes:

>        I recall hearing rumors of some new South African prosauropod finds
>that are, I guess, undescribed, of melanorosaurids that have 5 pedal
>digits.  Anyone else have more info?

I'd be very interested in hearing more about this, too. In the dinosaur
phylogeny that I'm slowly working out, I consider melanorosaurids to be
possible basal sauropods rather than prosauropods, for various reasons
unconnected with pedal digital counts. This kind of find would help bolster
theat case. If only the melanoroaurid fossil record weren't so lousy.

G.O.