Re: Re: Removing segnosaurs from ...

At 11:59 AM 8/30/95, th81 wrote:
>It might.  Of course, only a thorough phylogenetic analysis incorporating
>the published characters, with some changes and additions, including many
>different taxa, would be able to resolve this.  Of course, who would ever be
>bothered to do that. :-)  And, while we're at it, from what condition did
>the sauropod pes evolve?

        I recall hearing rumors of some new South African prosauropod finds
that are, I guess, undescribed, of melanorosaurids that have 5 pedal
digits.  Anyone else have more info?

Jerry D. Harris
Shuler Museum of Paleontology
Southern Methodist University
Box 750395
Dallas  TX  75275-0395
(214) 768-2750
FAX:  (214) 768-2701
jdharris@lust.isem.smu.edu
        (Compuserve:  73132,3372)

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and
quacks like a duck, then it is the sister taxon to,
but cannot parsimoniously be, the direct ancestor
to all other ducks."

                                --  _not_ W. Hennig