Re: Removing segnosaurs from Theropoda

 From: head@lust.isem.smu.edu (Jason Head)
 > As for "Thecodontians", you don't have to be a
 > cladist (and/or strictly adhere to monophyletic groupings), to recognize
 > that "thecodont" has NEVER described an actual group of related taxa.  It
 > was a garbage can ( a la megalosaur), for poorly understood archosaurs, and
 > has since been abandoned.

And, pray, what other name is available for stem-archosaurs?

At present I would divide subclass Archosauria into the following
infraclasses:
        Thecodontia
        Crocodylomorpha
        Dinosauria
        Pterosauria

Can you think of another name for the group Olshevsky and I are
calling Thecodontia?

By the way, Dr Olshevsky, did you intend to include the crocodilians
in the thecodonts, as your definition implied?

The peace of God be with you.