Re: Interdental plates

>In a message dated 95-08-29 13:37:11 EDT, jpoling@infinet.com (Jeff Poling)
>writes:
>

>>   What exactly are interdental plates?
>
>They're little bony separators situated down between the teeth on the medial
>(lingual) side--the inside--of the jaws. You can see them fairly clearly in
>Figure 6.29A (p. 204) of _The Dinosauria_.

   Interesting.  What do you suppose they were for?

** The DinoStore TO START OPS IN SEPT ** "..and, remember, all the trout     **
** Check out my homepage for details  ** were coughing up hairballs?" ---    **
**                                    ** Harold Green on Moose Thompson's    **
** http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/   ** last dip in Possum Lake             **