Re: FW: Help with Cladistics

>From: Dinogeorge@aol.com
 >
 > Subjectivity and paraphyletic taxa can be kept under control by a consensus
 > of the scientists who are engaged in studying the organisms being classified.

Also, the arbitrariness of paraphyletic taxa can be greatly reduced
by seperating them using information theoretic considerations, as
recommended by Peter Ashlock and Kent Carpenter.

In particular, I recommend Carpenter's 1993 paper in Systematic
Biology, vol. 42(2), pp 142-154.  This discusses a numerical approach
to establishing coherent taxa based on an annotated cladogram.

The peace of God be with you.