Spinobaryonx

   Happened to catch Paleoworld last night, and noticed that their drawing
of Spinosaurus had a Baryonx head.

   There was a recent discussion on the list about this, but I don't recall
anybody saying anything about the ancient environment that Spinosaurus lived in.

   If memory serves, speculation is that Baryonx's head shape was a
specialization for fish catching.  Did Spinosaurus live in an environment in
which one would expect such a large fish catcher (dolphin safe, I'm sure).

** The DinoStore TO START OPS IN SEPT ** "..and, remember, all the trout     **
** Check out my homepage for details  ** were coughing up hairballs?" ---    **
**                                    ** Harold Green on Moose Thompson's    **
** http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/   ** last dip in Possum Lake             **