Re: flights of fancy (or "I'm brave, but I'm chicken****")

 From: ornstn@inforamp.net (Ronald Orenstein)

 > A steady stream of features acquired as improvements to some sort of
 > lifestyle, clearly ....  The argument is, which lifestyle - ...

Indeed.

In fact long arms, like the retroverted hallux, would be a good arboreal
adaptation. In fact it is, just look at most monkeys.

It is not hard to see something not too different from Compsognathus
clambering about in trees, or bushes, using its arms to assist in
climbing. In fact, I do not see why Compsognathus itself couldn't have
been arboreal, except for the putative lack of trees in the Solnhofen
area at the time.

The peace of God be with you.