Hey Hey, we're the monkeys!(NOT)

Hello all,

Is the term "flying" limited to movement under ones own power, not gliding,
through the air? I think not. Jellyfish, squid, some mollusks, and  a few
other species "fly" through water. They do not swim in a way that fish or
whales do. If the medium of water disqualifies the species from swimming
please explain how. While wings are not needed to create the lifting surface
evident in atmospheric flyers, the resistance of water is exponentially
higher. Therefore water flight seems as valid as air flight. Great effort and
evolutionary adaptation is required to achieve this water flight, and
therefore predates all this BCF vs. BADD *stuff* by what, 300 million(+ or -
A buttload) years? So maybe, maybe even likely, the adaptation to powered
flight is a very very primitive trait, of which Archy and any other
protoapsiddinoavewhateverasauradontids, are only bit players in regards to
powered flight.

With that said let us move on to something, anything, else. To be honest, and
invite complete roasting by open flame, I suggest we drop this speculative
bird origins string on the grounds that it has become oppressive and
apparently endless. It reminds me of a debate on how many angles can
simultaneously waltz on an electron. To me, and I suspect many others,
without the fossils to back up theory the point is moot. Agree to disagree,
if the differences cannot be resolved (which over 135 postings in the past
few days gives strong evidence it will not be). I wonder how peer review ever
works, if this string is any indication of the process.

..and finally, please hold your applause, something directly related to
dinosaurs:
I would like to know as much as I can about Pachycephalosaurs. Web site
stuff, published data (conventional), sites of discovery, personal thoughts,
or anything else. Since the dig I will be participating in again next summer
has yielded some Pachy material, I want to be informed. Also I need to know
about Edmontosaur and Cretaceous fauna in general, so if you have avenues of
good data sources please give me directions. Oh, one more thing, since we
discovered a good amount of flora I would like to be better informed in that
regard as well. Is that asking too much?

Remember folks, we're only a few chromosomes away from chimps and that little
bit of DNA requires us to put down our rocks and reach for the stars.

"All the little birdies on jaybird street love to hear the robin go, "Tweet
tweet tweet"."

Thanks in advance,
Roger A. Stephenson
lightwaves@aol.com