Re: Bipedal fighting sauropods

Ah, I see that you fail to get the point. In some sauropods (those named
previous
ly) the entire pelvis is rotated backwards so that the hip socket and muscle
attachments remain fully functional when the beasts were standing on two
legs. It is hard to explain why this was so unless they were walking on two
legs on occasion. The pubo-ilial suture remains forward of the femur head. Do
not waste your time looking at most sauropod restorations for the
reorientation of the pelvis, because artists "correct" them by putting them
"back" in a conventional position. So did I, until Jack McIntosh and Jim
Jensen pointed out the retroverted pelvis in camarasaurs, and they are also
present in most Chinese sauropods.

GSPaul