Re: What Do Ornithologists Think?

>It's fascinating to follow the discussions here about the relationship of
>birds to other dinosaurs, but it suddenly occurs to me that the
>discussion has been driven from the perspective of paleontology --
>looking from the past to the present. What do ornithologists think?

Well, my PhD is actually in ornithology, though I'm no longer in academia;
my graduate work involved studies of bird anatomy.  So this discussion
hasn't been ALL palaeontologists...

But I would be delighted to hear other ornithologists who have (unlike me)
kept up with the primary literature chime in!
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5