Re: BIG BUSTARDS! (is that a pun?)

>Of course, _Argentavis_ and other teratorns were bigger, and work out at around
>20-25 kg.. they could fly...  and then there's _Quetzalcoatlus_ of course.. of
>course... estimates for that aren't amongst the data to hand (called 'Darren's
>brain') but I'm guessing 60 kg??

   Andersen estimates the mass of Pteranodon at 15kg, 1 kg less than the
Kori Bustard.  Quezelcoatalus had a wingspan 5 meters longer.  One assumes
that the body and mass weren't proportionally larger.  Using Pteranodon as a
benchmark could put Quezalcoatlus' mass at the 20-25kg range.

** THE DINOSTORE.  Your one stop shop for Dinosaur collectibles, fossil      **
** replicas, and other Dinosaur products.  View our on-line catalog, Dinosaur**
** essays by enthusiasts and paleontologists, and the Dinosaur Mailing List  **
** Dictionary and Genera List at http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/  Price     **
** catalog current as of 12/01/95. "Raptors" are the Dinosaur of the Month.  **