MIHIRUNGS..

> The relationships of these birds to others are unclear, but they are not
> related to emus and I believe are not even ratites.
> Ronald I. Orenstein

Apparently, Ronald posted this message Nov 30th, but I certainly don't recall
seeing it before (I've just got it - Dec 5th.. I have read your explanation BTW
Mickey). If posts like this can just 'vanish', might that explain where my
Rearing Sauropods (DISH etc) one went? Anyone?

Anyway, dromornithids aren't ratites, that's correct, but I believe it has
been shown that they were some kind of giant galliform. Typically, they have
been illustrated as looking rather emu-like, but at least one good restoration
appears where the things are like giant mallee-fowl. Literature on them appears
sparse..

"What we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law"
"The quickest and most effective way of undermining any society is _through_
_its_ _music_"

DARREN NAISH