Re: THIS IS NOT WHAT I TOOK A PICTURE OF!!!!!!!!!!

In a message dated 95-12-04 21:21:03 EST, Stang1996@aol.com writes:

>Why does the
>thing I took a picture of in Vancouver labeled "_Alxasaurus_ Type Specimen"
>look so very much different from the thing illustrated in the paper?  Does
>anyone know?  Anyone care to venture a guess?

I have been puzzling over the very same thing myself, after having read
Dale's paper and also seen the very same specimen that you photographed. You
might also ask why the mounted skeleton of _Alxasaurus_ on the same tour
looks so different from the type specimen, in those areas which they have in
common. You can physically compare the two specimens, as they're right next
to each other.

I could get very, very cynical about this...