DIATRYMIDS REVISITED

> Yes, but did _Diatryma_ originate there? Or did it immigrate from elsewhere?
>                                                                      (G.O.)

ASAIK, this is totally unknown. _Diatryma's_ general taxonomic position may have
been better resolved by recent analyses (it's a galloanseraen), but that doesn't
mean we know anything about the ancestry of the genus itself. There are several
species referred to _Diatryma_, but I am not aware of any other genera that are
thought to be close to it. It has a Euramerican distribution. I'll see what I
can find out, as a matter of interest.

Any details, further info or hacking of me to bits greatly appreciated.

"Are they heavy? Then they're expensive - put 'em back"

DARREN NAISH