Bipedal pterosaurs

Nicholas Longrich writes:
>>Pterosaurs also most likely evolved in the trees, cursorial origins don't
seem to work too well for them. (I've seen and read all I can get and I don't
buy that these guys were bipeds. As Wellnhofer notes, the head of the hip
isn't even at a 90 degree angle, and the hip sockets open out and up, not
straight out)<<

I know this is a dinosaur forum, but if you're interested, I'll be glad to
give you a new look at pterosaurs as primitive analogs of modern-day bipedal
lizards.  There are 19 current species that run bipedally without the benefit
of a 90 degree angle between the head of the femur and the shaft.  One walks
and stands that way, and thus is truly bipedal.

David Peters