Re: Flight SPECULATION

>       Bats almost certainly evolved in the trees, and it isn't hard to
>see their ancestors as being something like flying squirrels or colugos.

As I have suggested before I think it is highly unllikely that anything as
specialized as a colugo was a bat ancestor; I could see both groups having a
common ancestor somewhere on other grounds but I'll bet it wasn't a
specialized glider.

I would be curious to hear your thoughts on my arguments as to why gliding
may be an unlikely precursor to powered flight; if you missed them I can
repost them.
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5