Re: Unusual taxa...

>            Linnean Name                    Common Name
>            ============                    ===========
>
>    1) _Sciurus_arctos_horribilus_      the Grizzly Squirrel

Rocky Squirrel's navy uncle

>    2) _Lasiurus_submariner_            the Squid-eating Bat

An order of calamari; to go.

>    3) _Myrmecophaga_enhydra_           the Pelagic Anteater

I'd hate to see this one.

>    4) _Loris_velociraptor_             the Fast Loris

At 1-2 MPH.

>    5) _Bos_smilodon_                   the Saber-tooth Cow (extinct)

You sure wouldn't want to milk this one!

>    6) _Loxodont_pinnaptera_            (..."Dumbo"...)

Let me guess, flight evolving in aboreal forms here too (flight evolving
*very* fast)!

>    7) _Mirounga_pogo_                  (noted for nasigrade
>                                         saltatorial locomotion)

Talk about getting your nose somewhere it doesn't belong!

>    8) _Physeter_catenarius_             the Swaybacked Whale

Swam with a limp?

STOP ME BEFORE I PUN AGAIN!!!

Rob