Re: Unusual taxa...

    Well, I thought we were all taxonomists, if not by descent then at
least as an acquired characterstic, but two people took this posting
seriously in the first ten minutes, so I will say that we encountered
these species in our studied-out-and-silly imaginations.

    I'd have put in a ":-)" except that I thought the phrases "Pelagic
Anteater", "Fast Loris", "...'Dumbo'..." ("_Loxodont_" is the African
Elephant, _pinnaptera_ literally means "external ear wings") and
"nasigrade saltatorial locomotion" (bounces along on its nose --
"_Mirounga_" is the Elephant Seals) would do instead...

                                                    --  Jay Freeman