Re: Flight SPECULATION

>>G.O.s arboreal origins idea has a degree of=20
>>plausibility, but I'll bet you could construct an argument, or a=20
>>thousands arguments of equal plausibility for a cursorial origin of=20
>>flight
>
>I have yet to see even one.

How about this:  The theropod that evolved flight did so along a highly=
 irregular land surface (like a rocky shoreline).  Flight is used in pursuit=
 of prey, where the theropod can simply glide over gullies, while it's prey=
 has to take the long way across (down and up).  Similar evolutionary=
 pressures as with the aboreal hypothesis, but with a cursorial origin.

Rob

***
"Don't panic!"