The use of the propatagium

In a message dated 95-12-01 20:25:41 EST, Robert.J.Meyerson@uwrf.edu (Rob
Meyerson) writes:

>>How does the evolution of the patagium (the flap of skin covering the
forearm, forming the airfoil shape) fit in with all of this [evolution of
flying]? <<

In my work with pterosaurs, a slight elevation of the elbow, which is natural
in birds, bats and pterosaurs, produces a large camber or curve in the
proximal wing.  The propatagium forms the downwardly directed front part of
this large curve and, I think, would have acted much like the famous trick
with paper in which one curls down the leading edge and blows over the top to
demonstrate Bernoulli's Principle of lift.