Re: Chickens

>>    By the way, one might also ask why Roadrunners largely abandoned
>>flying on their own (I assume chickens did so involuntarily during
>>domestication).  I seem to recall Roadrunners doing some flapping and
>>occassional flying also though.  At any rate, we could clip Roadrunner
>>wings in phase two of the experiments, if someone can catch them.
>
>Just don't ask Wile E. Coyote;-)
>
>Rob

Roadrunners fly quite  well.  One of the first ones I ever saw was sitting
on the rooftop of a house.  They just don't do it very often, though (true
for a number of similar cursorial birds (ground-cuckoos, ground-rollers)
elsewhere in the world.
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5