Re: Meglania weighed only 1 tonne (long)

First, I did not say that a 5.5 m Meglania weighed 1 tonne, I did use the
mount to determine the approximate volume of the lizard at any given length.
Second, Hecht estimated that a 7 m Meglania weighed 700 kg, and he could be
correct. Third, I did not use a tyrannosaur as a model to restore the
monitor. I did use the tyrannosaur for cross comparison, it is a basic way of
checking whether various mass estimates are realistic. Fourth, I cannot use
any new remains to estimate the lizard's mass lacking firm data. Vague
assertions that the bones
 are 1.5 times bigger leaves one wondering, 1.5 times bigger than what? Hard
measurements are required. Last but not least, I am not aware of a new model
showing Meglania weighed 2 tonnes yet.

GSPaul

GSPaul