  Date: Fri, 1 Dec 95 08:27:03 PDT
  From: "M.O. Woodburne" <mows@ucrac1.ucr.edu>
  To: vrtpaleo@usc.edu
  Subject: Fw: CBS News

  CBS NEWS BROADCAST

  Paleontological objects including the complete skeleton of a
  Pleistocene cave bear, chinese dinosaur eggs, will go on auction in
  New York tomorrow at Philips Fine Arts Auctioneers (USA Today,
  Nov. 9, '95). CBS National News contacted Steve Gittelman (President
  of the Dinosaur Society) for his reaction to the Phillips Auction
  and interviewed him Nov. 30.  Steve did a dynamite job of using the
  auction as a platform to educate the viewer about the detrimental
  effects of opening up public lands to commercial exploitation of
  fossils.  The newspiece will be broadcast on Saturday at 6:30 pm
  EST.  Tune in!
       Mike Woodburne

      Mike -- feel free to use your e-mail list(s) to broadcast this
  information.  Perhaps it should also be put onto the ListServer.

  Dave

  ---
  University of California
  Riverside, CA  92521