Re: BAAD BCF

In a message dated 95-12-01 13:27:17 EST, ornstn@inforamp.net (Ronald
Orenstein) writes:

>Ignorant question: I thought that Confuciusornis (and Sinornis and a few
>others) were late Jurassic.  Am I wrong?

_Confuciusornis_ turns out to be not so well dated as we all reckoned, and
the jury is still out on that. There are problems with the biostratigraphy
that may place it in the Early Cretaceous (where _Sinornis_ always was).
There is, however, a Korean archaeopterygid as yet undescribed that may be
Late Jurassic.