ARBOREAL FRUGIVORES

> I do not think that the evolution of gliding or flying fishes (and, by the
> way, the South American freshwater hatchetfishes (Gasteropelecidae) really
> do fly by rapidly flapping their pectoral fins, though they aren't very good
> at it)                                          (Ronald Orenstein)

I thought that, though it has been concluded that 'flight' is possible in these
fishes, they haven't yet been seen in flight. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

> A possible exception, megachiropteran
> bats, feed on fruit which can only be reached by having access to trees

By far the greater percentage of extant frugivorous tetrapods are volant, but
there are a fair few non-volant ones too. The best example would be the
binturong (_Arctictis binturong_), a SE Asian arboreal, prehensile tailed
viverrid that spends most of its life asleep and in which females are bigger
than males.

Please note that I am merely 'chiming in', and not net-picking. Ronald's
observation is still valid, as certain fruit resources are, by virtue of their
inaccessibility, only available to volant critters.

"Because you told me to"

DARREN 'this deal is getting worse all the time' NAISH