Re: More Holtz on the origin of birds

In a message dated 95-12-08 11:50:39 EST, Thomas_R_HOLTZ@umail.umd.edu (th81)
writes:

>Which I agree with later in my comments, but fair enough.  It would have
>modified the locomotory apparatus, anyway, but no one has suggest fleet
>flocks of therizinosaurs dashing across ancient Mongolia... :-)

The small Jurassic therizinosauroids (length 1-2 meters) may have been quite
fleet--which we'll confirm when and if they're ever found in the fossil
record...

Also, dinosaur _pubes_ seem pretty distant from the insertion points of the
caudifemoralis musculature. I'm not entirely clear on the connection.