Re: What Do Ornithologists Think?

Amado Narvaez <anarvaez@umd5.umd.edu> wrote:
>It's fascinating to follow the discussions here about the relationship of
>birds to other dinosaurs, but it suddenly occurs to me that the
>discussion has been driven from the perspective of paleontology --
>looking from the past to the present. What do ornithologists think?

Every non-dinosaur-oriented book on Zoology/Palentology I've ever seen has
not even considered the idea of dinosaurian ancestry, and has them evolving
from various reptiles.  Has anyone else found this to be true?
(I've even seen one book that showed birds evolving directly from
captorhinomorph stem reptiles!!!!)

                             -- Dave