Re: birds do not have hands

>> As a final point, perhaps a bit picky, to be technically correct -- hands
>> are on the forelimbs of vertebrates, feet are on the hind limbs. Thus,
>> only bird's wings can have hands -- and they do, but you can't see them.

To a zoologist the hand of a tetrapod vertebrate is any skeletomuscular
structure distal to the wrist joint and its associated tissues.  By this
definition birds certainly do have hands (with carpals, metacarpals etc),
and fingers (three, to be exact) - they are simply highly modified ones.
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5