Re: Re: More Holtz on the origin of birds

>Also, dinosaur _pubes_ seem pretty distant from the insertion points of the
>caudifemoralis musculature. I'm not entirely clear on the connection.

True.  However, I was also talking about the restructuring of the tails of
these theropod groups (reduction in the number and size of neural spines and
transverse processes, etc.), which obviously does apply to the M.
caudofemoralis longus.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Vertebrate Paleontologist
Dept. of Geology