Re: DINO EGG NEWS

>       Anything unusual about the skeleton? I've heard that the
> titanosaurs had extra hip vertebrae, similar to the ankylosaurs (possibly
> for the same reasons, to help carry all that damn armor plating). What

     Do you mean that the sacrum has been expanded to include more dorsal
and caudal vertebrae?
    Also everyone, I'm looking for references for the following dinosaurs
published more recently than DINOSAURIA:
1) Herrerasaurus
2) Euplocephalus
3) Anatotitan
4) Shunosaurus
     Doug McLemore and I are planning on working on his DinoPages
website down here in Fort Collins this January.  This website (we plan) will
offer basic info (formation, location, age, holotype, good
specimes etc...) on dinosaur genera and species, a brief summary of the
genus (and/or species if there are more than one), a couple images
(Ideally, a skeletal reconstruction and photos or diagrams of the holotype,
possibly a resoration as well), and (best of all) as complete a listing of
technical papers on the genus as is feasable (I was originally going to
include Archaeopteryx in the above list until I got an idea how many
papers had been published on it).  This would hopefully be a
living document,like the dinosaur genera list.  We are doing the above
four genera just to kick things in an attempt to get people interested in
reasearching genera to help us out, since calling this is an ambitious
project for two people  (or a hundred, for that matter) is a gross
understatement.  Hopefully, when people get an idea what the DinoPages
could be, they will chip in.  IF YOU DON'T OR CAN"T RESPOND TO THIS
POSTING BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON (Colorado time), HOLD OFF UNTIl JANUARY.  I'm going
home for Christmas and am going to unsubscribe until I get back.
     I'd also appreciate any comments on your opinions about the
feasability  of this project.  Were not writing term papers on
the genera, just some essential information and references to
make this thing usefull for professionals and semi-professionals
who want to know a little bit about so-and-so species and where to go for
papers, but its still an ambitious project.  Just look at the
genera list for God's sake.  Speaking of God..
     Since I've got dino material in this message:
I've heard people say that evolution does not belie the existance of
God, because God may be directing or involving himself in evolution.  This
argument seems to me to be implying that divine intervention is an
acceptable alternative or supplement to Darwinian natural selection.
I've never seriously considered  this argument is anything but an attempt to
placate religious people who feel evolution is a threat to thier beliefs.
Whether a god exists or not, there is no reason to beleive
he/she/(probably IT unless you can think of some reason an omnipotent, all
powerful being would require sexual organs)  has ever involved itself in
evolution.  Read a little S.J. Gould for perspective on the undirected nature
 of evolution.

LN Jeff