OK, enough on yahoos

Since I seem to have started this, I probably ought to make a final(!)
comment.  This subject is not why I participate in this list, either.

Now, to make a short story long:  Back in the 70's, when I began this
convoluted journey that might be called a career, creationists frequently
made big news (at least in the local media), touring the country to
debate evolution vs. creation.  Judging by audience response,
creationists (being "pros" at this game, and normally playing to friendly
audiences) tended to make monkeys of the paleontologists/biologists.
Eventually, the mainstreamers (evolutionists) caught on to what was
happening, and fewer and fewer were willing to participate in such
confrontations.  Thus, creationists have had fewer opportunities of this
sort.  That's why I suggested ignoring them, and myself have turned down
invitations to debate.  And remember, don't argue with an imbecile,
because a bystander might not be able to tell the difference!  (Who said
that?)  There are indeed situations, however, when we should answer the
challenge.  I caution anyone who might be tempted to enter the fray
publically that the experience may not be what you're expecting.  The
better-known creationists, such as those at the Institute for Creation
Resaearch in San Diego, are pros at this (THE DEBATE, I mean), and more
likely than not, you're just a babe in the woods (when it comes to THE
DEBATE, that is).

Ok, so I'm wordy.

University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.