Re: FIGHT OR FLIGHT?

On 11/13/95 Stan Friesen wrote:

(So I'm behind on my mail.  Blame the people fussing about birds. <g>)

> As a general rule, all prey animals choose flight when it is possible.
> They generally only fight when cornered or surrounded.

Indeed--it's generally easier to replenish energy stores than repair
structural damage.  If flight is an option, it's almost always the better
option against any critter likely to do structural damage.

~ Kiran <groo@netcom.com>

--
"Lobsters are fascinating beings with complex social interactions, long
 childhoods, and awkward adolescences.  Like humans, they flirt with one