Re: ichnogenera and ichnospecies

>Well, I do know of one case where the track-maker was fossilized at the
>end of the trackway! (This was a horseshoe crab, not a dinosaur, though).
>
>Kind of gives new meaing to the phrase "stoped dead in its tracks"!

The case you refer to are the Solenhohen horseshoe crabs and there are many
specimens with tracks and beasts in direct association. In fact, the miners
cottoned on to this early in the quarrying at Solenhofen and would "follow"
such tracks until they found the fossilised crab at the end.

Cheers, Paul

pwillis@ozemail.com.au