Rob Meyerson's Farewell - For Now, and a note from Ken Carpenter

himself, and then tried to send the following message (which listproc
rejected since it will only pass messages from subscribers it
recognizes):

  Well, the semester has has come to a close, and finals week is
  bearing down on me like Godzilla on Tokyo.  I wanted to mention that
  it's been fun sparring with y'all.  I may not have always been
  convinced by the opposing argument(s), but I have learned to
  consider other ideas (not to mention where my own need to be
  stronger).

  See ya at the end of January.

  Rob

  ***
  "Don't Panic!"

Rob asked me to forward the message.  Since I'm here, I'll also
mention that Ken Carpenter asked me to inform you all that the BLM has
purchased the Marsh-Felch Quarry at Canon City.  Barring the passage
of unfavorable legislature (note how diplomatic I am in not specifying
who might find such legislature unfavorable ;-) this means that all of
the Canon City Quarries are safely under the protection of the
U.S. Bureau of Land Management (thanks, Harley!)