Articles on Roy Chapman Andrews in TRUE- THE MAN'S MAGAZINE

  Clive Coy, a technician at the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology and a
big Roy Chapman Andrew's (RCA) fan, has, over the years, been able to
assemble a large bibliography (over 200 entries) of RCA's works and copies
of same. However, several articles published circa 1952-1955ish in a popular
pulp magazine called TRUE- THE MAN'S MAGAZINE have remained elusive despite
several years of sleuthing. We had an address for the publisher in New York
city, but the letter was returned. We don't know when the magazine ceased
publication, in fact, in consultation with current magazine publishers, they
said they had never even heard of this magazine. We are contacting our
paleo-colleagues on the internet in the hopes someone can help us with this
dilemna, or, better yet, e-mail me back stating they have said articles (or
know someone who has), and can forward photocopies of same to Clive Coy
(same address as Darren Tanke).

 Thanks and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

 P.S. Many of you may have heard about the nearly complete ornithomimid we
collected from Dinosaur Provincial Park this past summer that had a complete
and uncrushed skull. Well, we now have another ornithomimid skull of what
appears to be equally good preservation and possibly completeness. This one
was collected close to Drumheller around 1987. Only the tail and middle
portion of the neck is missing.

 Darren Tanke, Technician I, Dinosaur Research Program, Royal Tyrrell Museum
of Palaeontology, Box 7500, Drumheller, AB, Canada T0J 0Y0. (403) 823-7707;
(403) 823-7131 (fax); e-mail= dtanke@dns.magtech.ab.ca
 Paleo Interests: fossil identification and preparation, ceratopsians, Upper
Cretaceous vertebrate faunas of North America and East Asia, paleopathology;
senior editor on annotated bibliography of extinct/extant vertebrate dental
pathology, osteopathy and related topics (2,000+ pages as of Dec. 1995).