Genetic Reversals

   There is a term for the belief that genetic reversals cannot happen; or,
more accurately, that once a character is lost so is the necessary codes in
the DNA.  I've been pulling hair trying to remember it.  Anybody know what
it is?

** THE DINOSTORE.  Your one stop shop for Dinosaur collectibles, fossil      **
** replicas, and other Dinosaur products.  View our on-line catalog, Dinosaur**
** essays by enthusiasts and paleontologists, and the Dinosaur Mailing List  **
** Dictionary and Genera List at http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/  Price     **
** catalog current as of 12/01/95. "Raptors" are the Dinosaur of the Month.  **