Re: Linnean Classification and Creationism

Dear Bonnie,

You wrote:
>>From: bonn@qcvaxa.acc.qc.edu (Bonnie Blackwell, x 3332)
>>To:   ArtSippo@aol.com

>>is cri du chat = edouard's or patoi's syndrome?  (my genetics is a poorly
>>remembered thing after these years)  i seem to recall that one of them
>>involved chrom #3 and the other #15?  or is my memory off?

I looked them up.  Cri-du-chat Syndrome is caused by deletion of the short
arm on chromosome 5.   Edward's Syndrome is trisomy 18.  Patau's is trisomy
13.  Down's is trisomy 21.  In any case, the most common birth defects in
humans are abnormalities in chromosome form or number.  I think this is of
prime importance in understanding the process of macroevolution.

I am originally from NJ just across the Hudson River.  Remember me to
Herald's Square!

Art