Oviraptora

>Dinosaur found crouching over eggs like bird
>    LONDON, Dec 20 (Reuter) - A fossilised dinosaur found incubating its eggs
>has offered the most graphic evidence yet of how they may have been the
>precursor of the modern bird.

   Another article on this find says:

   "Indeed, the sandstone fossil of a 9-foot-long, beaked carnivorous
dinosaur called an oviraptor, preserved with a nest and a brood of unhatched
young, is the sole direct evidence of any dinosaur behavior, experts said."

   Is this really the sole direct evidence?  I thought that Oviraptor got
its name because Roy Chapman Andrews found it laying across a nest of what
was then thought to be Protoceratops eggs.  Would not that find, then, also
be direct evidence?  The article does not give a date for the find.  Perhaps
this is the same fossil RCA found?

** THE DINOSTORE.  Your one stop shop for Dinosaur collectibles, fossil      **
** replicas, and other Dinosaur products.  View our on-line catalog, Dinosaur**
** essays by enthusiasts and paleontologists, and the Dinosaur Mailing List  **
** Dictionary and Genera List at http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/  Price     **
** catalog current as of 12/01/95. "Raptors" are the Dinosaur of the Month.  **