Re: Oviraptora

>>Dinosaur found crouching over eggs like bird
>>    LONDON, Dec 20 (Reuter) - A fossilised dinosaur found incubating its eggs
>>has offered the most graphic evidence yet of how they may have been the
>>precursor of the modern bird.

Surely this is also the best direct evidence that at least this dinosaur
could control its body temperature?  If you can't do that there's not much
point in brooding - even if the idea is to provide shade, as otherwise the
brooder would overheat.  This doesn't need to mean out and out homeothermy -
even pythons can raise their temperature while brooding by muscular
contractions - but it is surely highly suggestive.
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5