Re: from the Lobster's Mouth

>> I wonder what other Phylums this new parasite most resembles?
>
>I wonder if it is a new phylum and not something that is highly
>derived with secondary loss of certain features....but who am I to
>say....and it ain't a dinosaur.

I gather it is supposed to be similar to both entoprocts and ectoprocts,
which is a neat trick as entoprocts have their anal opening within the ring
of tentacles while ectoprocts have theirs outside - I'll be curious to learn
where this critter's is!
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5