Re: DINOSAUR digest 777

On Fri, 22 Dec 1995 14:06:14 -0500, Dinogeorge@aol.com said:
>There is no such thing as error in politics, because there are no
falsifiable
>hypotheses. There are only different opinions, some of which are currently
in
>fashion and others are not. This is also why so many swine gravitate to
>politics.

Error in politics occurs when a politician makes a coherent, defined, and
testable pronouncement. (Such pronouncements, when made by a politician,
are inevitably unsupported by facts and thus demonstrably false.)
Needless to say, this type of statement occurs with such infrequency as
to be virtually negligible, but the category _does_ exist.

ObDinosaur: Any news on Bakker's 'Epanterias', specifically whether it is
indeed a separate genus or just a large specimen of an existing allosaur,
after all? There were a couple of messages on the list a while back, but
(unless my notoriously leaky memory has flaked out on me again) no
resolution was posted.

-Mars