[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
18 Questions on Old and New Dinosaur Species
I have a few questions:
1) Is _Allosaurus atrox_ (a.k.a. _Creosaurus atrox_) a valid lumping?
2) Is there a new name for _Epanterias amplexus_ (a.k.a. _Allosaurus
amplexus_, _Saurophagus_), or do one of the former ones still take priority?
3) Has another species of _Dilophosaurus_ been uncovered? If so, please tell
me about the specimen(s) uncovered and what we know about this new animal.
4) Has the "long-snouted" daspletosaur (discovered by Bakker) ever been
named? What remains is it known by? Does it sink into existing genera?
5) Is _Archaeopteryx bavarica_ a valid species?
6) What is the new species of _Apatosaurus_? Does it really belong in that
7) What is the difference between _Laosaurus_, _Othnielia_, _Drinker_, and
8) Has the new giant dromaeosaur from Asia been named yet? Is so, what is
9) Has _Albertosaurus saurophagus_ been placed into its own genus,
_Dinotyrannus_. And, if so, on what basis?
10) Have _Parasaurolophus_ skulls with short, drooping crests been found
together with _Parasaurolophus_ skulls with long, straighter crests? In
other words, is _Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus_ (spelling?) really female
11) What is the name of the gigantic Como Bluff "megalosaur"?
12) What is the theropod _Sinraptor_? When was it
discovered/described/named, what are its relatives, and what remains are it
13) Has a description of _Pelecanimimus_'s (spelling?) been published yet?
If so, what IS the description?
14) Is there a New Mexican species of _Syntarsus_? If so, when was it
discovered? What is the description?
15) Is there any difference between the two coelophysoid genera
_Lilliensternus_ and _Halticosaurus_? Are they both valid genera, or is only
ONE valid? Have any new specimens of these animals turned up recently?
16) Have any new specimens of _Nanotyrannus_ turned up? Is the animal still
known only from its skull?
17) What is the description for the new specimens of _Deinonychus_? What do
these specimens tell us, particularly about the shape of the skull?
18) Exactly HOW LONG AND TALL was _Deinonychus_? At least, estimations for
the various specimens?
Thanks in advance! I hope you all enjoy answering my questions.
The raptor of all raptors,