Re: Translation of dino names

At 12:18 AM 12/31/95 -0500, you wrote:
>I would like to know if there are any books out there that have the names
>of most dinosaurs in Spanish?  All of my family speaks Spanish and when
>people ask me what the name of a certain dinosaur in a book is and I
>happen to know it but not in Spanish is most embarassing.  The only one I
>know is T-rex.  I know there are many books out there in German and was
>hopping there would be in Spanish too, for my own curiosity to.  My
>family gets annoyed when I answer them in English and they say "I thought
>you knew the names."  Very embarassing.  So any help would be
>appreciated.  Thanks.

   If anybody knows one that gives the english translations of the standard
greek/latin dinosaur names, I'd appreciate knowing about it.  That's
something I'd like to add to the lists I maintain on my web page.  Something
along the lines of "The Dinosaur Mailing List List of Dinosaur Names
Translated So Normal People Can Know What the Heck They Mean Too" ... or
something like that.

** THE DINOSTORE.  AFTER CHRISTMAS BLOWOUT!  ALL IN-STOCK DINOSAUR FOSSIL    **
** REPLICAS, COLLECTIBLES AND BOOKS 30% OFF!  ALL ARE AT OR NEAR COST!!      **
** BUY $50 WORTH, SALE PRICE, AND GET 30% OFF ONE SPECIAL-ORDER FOSSIL       **
** REPLICA! Check out our on-line catalog at http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/**
** Hurry, quantities are limited!                                            **