Re: re Dragons

I think I recall from somewhere that there is a snake in Borneo -- the
"paradise tree snake" sounds about right -- that does the flying-squirrel
trick and glides from tree to tree.  I have often wondered if distorted
reports of this animal were the basis for any of the wingless flying
dragons found in eastern mythology.

Isn't there a monitor lizard that does the same trick, too?  In which
case, stretching one popular usage of the term "dragon" only a little,
there really is a flying dragon, or at least a gliding one.

I won't mention flying frogs lest someone accuse me of getting off topic.
Back to lurking...
                                                --  Jay Freeman