Re: Coelophysis

As the biographer of Cope, yes Steve Jackson is correct so far as I
know.  Cope was the first to describe a fossil of Ceolophysis.  If you
want to really impress your teacher, find a copy of H. F. Osborn's old
biography __Cope: Master Naturalist somewhere and look up the
bibliography cite for the description by Cope.  That book has a fairly
complete bibliography of Cope's writings.  J. Davidson