Re: Dinosaur Extinction Theories

>> From: pwillis@ozemail.com.au (Paul Willis)
>> >  ... Any scenario that focuses purely on the
>> > dinosaur extinction at the K-T boundary is almost certainly doomed to
>> > failure because they do not assess the whole problem; the mass extinction
>> > of many different types of animal and plants in very different
>> > environments. Personally, I use this as a yard stick in assessing any
>> > extinction scenario proposed for the K-T extinction. ...
>>
>>Quite so.  I, too, use this yardstick.  That is why the causes
>>I currently consider viable are:
>>
>>       - the Deccan volcanism
>>       - the marine regression
>>       - a meteorite impact (?at Chix.)
>>
>>Most others fail to cover the whole span of extinctions.
>
>   Perhaps.  But it is well documented that dinosaurs were very fond of
>pop-tarts covered with lots and lots of butter.  So much so that this
>concoction is now considered the dinosaurian staple diet.
>
>   The relevance to this thread?
>
>   The dinosaurs didn't die as a result of volcanism, the shrinking of the
>seas, or an asteroid storm.  They died of cholesterol poisoning and heart
>disease.

Jeff,

Just how good is the Acid in the States at the moment? Why don't you think
that discussions of the wider context of dinosaur extinctions are relevant
to a thread titled "Dinosaur Extinction Theories"? And I thought it was
common knowledge that Pop-tarts were highly toxic, invented by Iraq and
sold to Oliver North by the ton. Or is it that your core really has warped?

This is not a flame, mearly some light-hearted banter in a similar vein to
that of the former post.

Cheers, Paul

pwillis@ozemail.com.au

Rally against the resumption of French nuclear testing in the South
Pacific: boycott French products NOW!!!