Re: Origin of the moon?????

>From: Ray McAllister <mcallist@gate.net>
 > Hi David.
 >      What about the argument that the conservation of angular momentum
 > is not observed if the moon came from the body of the earth.

That has been dealt with - how I do not remember for sure.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the impactor
was rather larger than the current Moon, and only part of it
is incorporated into te Moon.

Also, did the original "problem" scenario involve an imapctor at all?
Doesn't that change the whole angular momentum dynamics?

The peace of God be with you.